Thursday, March 11, 2010

Weeks 37 and 38

Time is flying by now. I think E and I are about as ready as we can get for BGS to arrive. There are a few things we still need to pick up, but nothing we couldn't live without for a few days.

Last week my lovely co-workers threw me a baby shower, which was so sweet. I wasn't expecting anything at work because I'm so new, but a bunch of people came to wish me luck with my new adventure. Later the same day, E and I took a breastfeeding class at our hospital. I thought it was really helpful, and gives me a little more confidence that I'll be able to figure it out when the time comes. The combo of E and I sitting for the 3 hours must have been funny though. BGS really likes to kick around my ribs, making sitting quite uncomfortable by the end of a long day, and E recently broke 2 ribs* in a little snowmobiling accident.

Here's a shot at 37 weeks

This is finals week at school, which means at the end of the day 2nd trimester is done. I've been setting this day up (since the beginning of the year) as the mark for when baby would be due. I need to get my brain to remember that I still have 7 more days with students, so no relaxing on school work just yet. My long term sub has been hired though, and we're hoping she be able to spend a few days with me learning the ropes before I have to leave.

Here's a shot taken just last night... 38 weeks! I feel like my belly is really taking over!
*I have been joking that E hurt himself purposely because I told him very early in my pregnancy that he would be in charge of cleaning the bathroom when I got to my last month. I know he feels really bad that he can't be more help now. I'm just hoping that he's fully recovered when BGS gets here so he can snuggle with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment